The conference takes place on Tuesday 19th March 2019 at The Cavendish Conference Centre in London W1.
The hugely popular Affordable Housing Conference returns for it's 13th year on 19th March.
The Event looks at the roles and opportunities for all players in the market, including Investors, Developers, Local Authorities, Housing Associations and their related advisers, whilst networking with the leading professionals in Housing from across the UK. Much is happening currently, with the sector evolving rapidly, and lots of opportunities are emerging as a result.
The Conference allows all stakeholders to understand how the Public and Housing Association Sectors can work together to deliver Housing and how Private and Public Investment is a growing opportunity area.
This event is likely to sell out again so please book early to guarantee your place.
This is a chance to be fully updated on what is going on, accumulate some CPD and network with the leading figures in the industry.
To see who attends please click here
9.30am – Morning Session: Includes networking coffee break
- Chairman’s Welcome & Introduction – The Housing Market as an Investment Opportunity
- Where are with Public and Private Sector Investment into Housing Delivery in the UK?
- Why is this such an opportunity for Investors, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Developers and other potential partners?
- The Role of the Housing Association in The National Residential Development Market in 2018 & the Future – What role can they play in delivering the Housing that is needed?
- What are Housing Associations in 2018?
- Has their objective changed in recent years and where will they go?
- How are they looking to structure JVs with Local Authorities, developers & investors?
- Where are the Business & Investment Opportunities when working with HAs?
- Why is the Sector currently attracting new investors?
- What are the long term opportunities and how do HAs see the investor role?
- What products are HAs looking to deliver & where?
- What do they need from partners to deliver this?
- What do HAs need from Central & Local Government to make delivery happen? What helps and what can hinder?
- How we make Social Housing & Working with Housing Associations a more attractive prospect to Investors?
- Will HAs looks to develop more housing themselves?
- Which Tenures will they favour and where do they see the split between each?
- Looking Across the Country - How can Local Authorities & Other public bodies make best use of their assets?
- Where is the opportunity with Housing and is selling the asset really the best way?
- What are the other options that maximise value and deliver housing?
- Direct Delivery - Local Authority Housing Companies & Development - how can this work and what are the best options & why?
- Joint Ventures with Developers - How does this opportunity work for both parties and how should it be structured?
- Selling Local Authority & Public Sector Land - when should this be considered and how can value be maximised? How should developers & Investors view this option?
- Looking at Case Studies of different Delivery Options used by local Authorities to deliver housing? How do they work & why?
- The regional housing opportunity – what is on offer?
- Will the Local Authorities fill the Housing gap or do they envisage PRS will do this?
- What kind of tenures do they see going forward and which are they most focused on?
- What might devolution mean for Housing Delivery?
1.20pm – Networking Lunch Session
2.20pm – Afternoon Session
- How will the market grow over the next 5 – 10 years and where are the big growth areas?
- Where is the Future balance between Build for Sale, Build for Rent?
- The Private Rented Sector – where does the sector now fit in with the overall housing & property investment markets?
- How crucial are Public Sector Joint Ventures & what makes these tick?
- Private Sector Funding and Investment – Understanding the opportunity for investors to invest in Housing on a large scale
- How the Future Housing Market is a real Economic Opportunity for both Market Participants and the Country as a Whole
- Which assets represent the best opportunity for investment?
How should investors be looking to invest in Affordable Housing?
- Looking at Funding Options for Housing Associations and Local Authorities – Private Sector Investment v Public Sector
- Understanding the potential structures for investing with Local Authorities & HAs – what regulatory constraints are there?
- Setting up a for-profit Registered Provider – why is this actually easier than people think?
- How do you deliver a simple and successful Joint Venture?
- What do those look to Invest with Local Authorities and Housing Associations need to know?
- What is regulated, what isn’t and how can unregulated delivery vehicles provide housing and investment returns?
- New Partners & New Vehicles – Attracting New Investment & Innovation and the role it plays in Future Deliver of Housing
- Understanding the Funding Structures for Social Housing in the UK – how has it been done in recent years and what the emerging models now are
- Case Studies of New Housing Investment Models – Demonstrating real life Investment & Joint Venture Structures
- Social Housing REITS – how do they operate and where is the potential growth in this area?
- Understanding Investment into Housing and how it is growing - how can investors get in and what are Housing Associations and Local Authorities looking for in Partners?
- What is the future of this kind of investment?
4.15pm - Close & Networking Drinks Session for Speakers & Attendees
To see who attends this event: click here
This event is also eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit
To learn how to book a place, please click here